As you may be aware, Loudoun County will rename John Mosby Highway to Little River Turnpike effective September 28, 2023. Our fire station street address will be changing to 39459 Little River Turnpike as part of this process. Our mailing address will remain the same: PO Box 466, Aldie, VA 20105-0466.
The Aldie VFD would like to take this opportunity to remind ALL of our friends and neighbors to properly post your address, so that responding emergency units can quickly find your home or business. HELP US TO HELP YOU!
POSTING YOUR ADDRESS
By Loudoun County ordinance, all homes and buildings with an individual street address must display that address. A clearly displayed address is essential for public safety personnel to find your home quickly in the event of an emergency. Remember, every second counts in an emergency situation, especially of a life is in danger. Please post your new street address. It’s common sense, and it’s the law.
Please follow the following guidelines when posting your address:
1. Post the address number on each structure with an individual address.
2. If a building is located more than 100 feet from the road or if the number is not visible from the roadway, post the address near the road at the driveway or other entrances to your property, separate from your mailbox. If necessary, use directional arrows.
3. Address numbers on structures should be metal, reflective, and large enough (at least 3 inches tall) to be seen day or night from a distance.
4. Use numerals (for example, 39579) rather than spelling out the address (for example, Thirty Nine Thousand Five Hundred and Seventy Nine).
5. Numbers must contrast with their background. Dark lettering over a light background provides the best visibility.
6. Do not post numbers in a place that is likely to be covered with vegetation (limbs, vines, etc.). If necessary, maintain the area where the address is posted to ensure visibility.
7. If two or more structures with different addresses share a driveway, post the appropriate addresses along the driveway using directional arrows.
8. To post the primary street address for multiple dwelling units, commercial and industrial buildings, use solid numerals (not outlines) that are at least 6 inches in height and 1 inch in width. The numerals must contrast with the background on which they are posted and must be clearly visible from the street on which the buildings are addressed, as well as any driveways or access roads in the rear of the buildings.
9. More detailed guidelines regarding the display of street addresses are set forth in Chapter 1026 of the Codified Ordinances of Loudoun County.
Thank you for your continued support!